Purpose (updated 2/9/17)
Communications Center Technology Environment
▪ Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) – Server, interfaces, workstations, required devices and applications, radio system workstations, required devices and applications, 9-1-1 Workstations, required devices and applications.
▪ Genwatch – secondary alerting system used for emergency button notification in Franklin and Lebanon Dispatch Centers.
Wants & Warrants
▪ Open Query Server and Clients allow Dispatchers to access LEADS, NCIC, BMV and other systems as required.
▪ LEADS Main Terminal – Support for this function for the Communications Center.
▪ Message Switch – Used by all mobile users in the county. This message switch interfaces CAD, Records, State, Federal databases.
Records Management Systems (RMS)
▪ Law and Fire/EMS Field Based Reporting
▪ Law Records Management System (LRMS) – Used by all Agencies except Franklin, Lebanon and Mason. Integrated to CAD and Law Field Based Reporting (LFBR)
▪ FRMS – Fire/EMS Records Management System – Used by all Agencies, Integrated to CAD and Electronic Patient Care Records (ePCR).
▪ In a secure and managed environment, Agencies have access to all the resources of the Warren County Public Safety Network (WCPSN) via mobile devices – Law Field Based Reporting (LFBR), Electronic Patient Care Records (ePCR), Agencies Mapping,
Accident and Scene Diagram and Drawing, Mobile Printing, Drivers License and Document Scanning, In Car Camera Systems, Integration with Regional Licenses Plate Reader systems (LPR), Mobile Messaging – Secure email and chat all Agencies (LAW, FIRE, EMS and Dispatch) to communicate.
Data Center (provides the infrastructure to support the Warren County Public Safety Network.)
▪ Physical and Virtual Server environments – Reduces cost in physical hardware, operating systems, database platforms and environmental (electric, cooling) – more green.
▪ Access Infrastructure – Provides WCPSN applications to agencies without expensive site-to-site vpn. Allows users to use almost any client device for access from anywhere (lower cost and risk.)
▪ Networking – Provides Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Cellular and secure connections to mobile environment.
▪ Standard Operation Environment (SOE) – allows for standardized support, deployment, upgrades and stability lowering downtime and support costs.
▪ Security – Implementation, upgrade and maintenance of Infection Management Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, Patch Management Systems, and required logging and analysis systems.
▪ User Account Management – Creation, deletion, retention, access configuration, password/passphrase/token management for each WCPSN user.
▪ Messaging and Notification Environment – Allows for emergency and routing notification to users, system-to-system notification, system monitoring.
Driving considerations of DST projects are
- (Federal) Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS)
- (Federal) Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- (State) Law Enforcement Automated Data Systems (LEADS)
- (Local) Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA)
2016 Team Review
The Data Team supports mobile data computers (MDCs) through software, security, and anti-virus updates. They also handle break/fix for all hardware and software related issues.
We currently have 506 token users across all police, fire, and medical agencies. Tokens are used for MDC access as well as access the Citrix portal which provides applications and virtual desktops to users. We have portal users across all the law and fire agencies as well as Telecom, Emergency Services, Warren County Water Dept, and Warren County Human Services. The Portal was also used to facilitate the ShoreTel apps to non-county network users.
Data is now providing WCWS antivirus on the SCADA network, with security patching coming in the near future.
Data was involved in several 2016 projects:
- Assisting with the 911 system implementation in dispatch
- Setting up the ProQA Priority Dispatch for WC Comm Center
- Upgrade of complete Zoll software suite (ePCR)
- Motorola CAD software upgrade
- Telecom Office Reorganization project
- Assisting with new WC VOIP phone system
- Implementing new CAD system #ProjectTriTech
- Providing phone service to Deerfield Twp Title Office
- Representing Telecom at the Warren County Amazing Race